Helping Others and Asking for Help 助人与求助
Part 1 Functional Sentences 功能句型
1. I wonder if you could help me.
请问你能帮忙吗?
2. What can I do for you?
我能为您做什么?
3. I need to send a fax.
我需要发一份传真,还要使用互联网。
4. I need to use the internet.
我需要使用互联网。
5. Sorry. Could you repeat that?
对不起。您能重复一遍吗?
6. You can do that in our Business Centre1. It's on the second floor.
您可以到商务中心去。它在二楼。
7. Excuse me, can you help me please?
劳驾,请问你能帮我个忙吗?
8. Can I get broadband in my room?
我在房间里能使用宽带吗?
9. If you have a laptop, just connect to the hotel internet service. All Rooms have broadband.
如果你有笔记本电脑的话,把它和旅馆的互联网系统连接上就可以了。所有的房间都有宽带。
10. How about elsewhere in the hotel?
在旅馆的其他地方呢?
11. Do you have broadband access2 in the coffee lounge, for instance?
比如说在咖啡厅也能用宽带上网吗?
12. Can I work with my laptop there?
我能在那里办公吗?
13.I'm afraid not. We only have broadband access in the hotel guest rooms and Business Centre.
恐怕不行。我们只在客房与商务中心内设有宽带接口。
14. Can you tell me where the hotel gym is?
好的。你能告诉我酒店的健身房在什么地方吗?
15. It's in the basement3. You can take the lift down one floor.
健身房在地下室。你可以乘电梯到下一层。
16. Do you know if it's open?
你知道它是否开着吗?
17. It's open all day until 12pm.
它一直开到晚上12点。
18. Have a nice day.
祝您愉快!
19. Could you gift-wrap it for me?
你能帮我把礼物包装起来吗?
20. Let me help you to take your suitcase.
让我帮你提你的包吧。
21. I can do it by myself, thank you!
我可以自己提,谢谢!
22. Would you please hold the door open for me?
你能帮我顶着门吗?
23. That's very kind of you, thanks.
你人真好,谢谢!
24. You’re very kind to take the trouble to help me.
帮助我为你添麻烦了,你人真好。
25. I wish I could repay you somehow for your kindness.
我希望我能回报你的好意。
26. I’m afraid it was a bother for you to do this.
我让你干这事恐怕是为难你了。
27. It wasn’t any bother. I was glad to do it.
没关系,我乐意干这事。
28. Excuse me, what does it cost to send a letter to New York?
劳驾,寄封信去纽约多少钱?
29. I want to get to Harbin by train. Could you book a ticket for me?
我要乘火车去哈尔滨,你能帮我订一张票吗?
30. How many flights are there to Moscow every day?
去莫斯科的航班每天有几次?
31.There’s just one last favor I need to ask of you.
这是我需要你提供的最后一个帮助。
32. This is the last time I’ll ever ask you to do anything for me.
这是我最后一次请你帮我做事。
33. I’d be happy to help you in any way I can.
我乐意尽我所能帮助你。
34. Would you mind giving me a push? My car has stalled.
我的车抛锚了,你能帮我推一把吗?
35. Would you be so kind as to open this window for me? It’s stuck.
你能帮我打开这扇窗户吗?它粘住了。
36. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
如果我能提供任何帮助,请告诉我。
37. I certainly didn’t intend to cause you so much inconvenience.
我真得不想给你添加这么多的麻烦。
38. Could you lend me five dollars? I left my wallet at home.
你能借给我5美元吗?我的钱包丢在家里了。
39. I’d appreciate it if you would turn out the lights. I’m sleepy.
我困了,请你关灯,谢谢。
40. Can you keep an eye on my bag?
帮我看一下包好吗?
Part 2 Situational Dialogues 情景对话
Scene 1
A: You have chosen a beautiful bowl. It's hand-made4, traditional
lacquer5.
A: 你选了一只漂亮的碗。这是手工制作的,传统瓷器。
B: Thank you. I think it's exquisite6.
B: 谢谢你。我认为它很精致。
A: Is it a present for someone?
A: 是送给谁的礼物吗?
B: Yes, it's for my wife. Could you gift-wrap it for me?
B: 是的,是给我妻子的。你能帮我把礼物包装起来吗?
A: Certainly, sir. Your wife is a lucky lady!
A: 当然可以,先生。你的妻子是个幸运的女士!
B: And I'm a lucky man!
B: 而我是个幸运的男人!
Scene 2
A: I've connected the cable from my laptop to the telephone point, but I
still can't get on the internet. Can you help me?
A: 我已经用线把我的笔记本电脑和电话接口连接上了,但是我还是上不了网。你能帮我吗?
B: Yes, just a moment. What does it say on your computer screen?
B: 当然,请稍等。你的电脑屏幕上显示什么?
A: It says I need a password.
A: 显示我需要一个密码。
B: Yes, you need a password. Just key in your room number, that's
your individual password.
B: 是的,你需要密码。只需键入你的房间号码,那就是你的个人密码。
A: OK. I'll try that. Yes, that works. I'm connected. Thanks very much.
A: 好的,我试一下。是的,行了。我连接上了。非常感谢。
B: You're welcome.
B:不客气。
Part 3 Notes 注释
1. Business Centre 商务中心
2. broadband access 宽带接口
3. basement n. 地下室, 墙脚
4. handmade adj. 手工的, 手制的
5. lacquer n. 漆, 漆, 漆器
6. exquisite adj. 优美的, 高雅的, 精致的
来源:奥运英语